Bookstore terminates loyalty point system

87863f5b-1784-4f45-b993-60456dbcc19b.jpg
Business Marketing major and bookstore employee Kyle Sacher sorting books at the Wildcat Store. Photo credit: Matthew Vacca

Bookstore loyalty points will no longer be issued at the Chico State Wildcat Store due to new management.

The points, which were rewarded each time a student made a purchase at the bookstore, would accumulate over time and students were able to use them to get discounts on future purchases.

The points will cease to be given because it was a program tied to the Associated Students Wildcat Store, which was purchased by Follett over the summer, said Marilyn Hoag, the Bell Memorial Union coordinator.

“When management of the store switched to Follett over the summer, they of course brought in their own completely different point of sale systems and website,” she said.

Students can use their remaining loyalty points in the store until Sept. 15.

If students still have leftover points following Sept. 15th, they can look up their point balance through the A.S. Wildcat Store website and gift cards to the new store will be created, Hoag said.

The amount on the gift card varies depending on the amount of points. 250 points would be worth $5, 500 points would be worth $10 and 1,000 points would be worth $25, she said.

Under Follet, the Wildcat Store does not currently have a new points program in place, said Sarah Foisy, Chico State Wildcat Store director.

They do, however, offer multiple sales and promotions throughout the year, she said.

Students can follow the Follet Wildcat Store on Facebook to find out when a promotion will be happening, she said.

Follett is a private textbook corporation that signed with the A.S. last semester. The store made its transition this summer.

Madison Holmes can be reached at [email protected] or @madisonholmes95 on Twitter.