Humans of Chico State: Finals

IMG_6606web.jpg
Eder Gutierrez, junior business major, loves to study on the third floor of the library with lots of coffee. Photo credit: John Domogma

Where is your favorite place to study?

The library third floor. It is silent, and I need it to be silent so I can focus and read and have time to myself. At home I can’t because all my friends and neighbors come home and create a lot of fuss and noise. I can’t focus.

What’s one thing that you can’t live without during finals?

I have to say coffee. Coffee is something that keeps me awake. Sometimes I have to study throughout the night and coffee is something that usually keeps me up.

IMG_7091web.jpg
Karla Nava, junior social work major, likes to be in the comfort of her home to get work done so she can still have some free time during finals week. Photo credit: John Domogma

My favorite place to study is at home because it is really comfortable, relaxing and quiet.

What helps you study?

Free time. Time where I can relax instead of being caught up in the moment because that just makes you more nervous about finals.

IMG_7099web.jpg
Connor Brickey, freshman mechanical engineering major, enjoys the silence on the third floor of the library and conversations in office hours. Photo credit: John Domogma

Third floor Meriam Library, just because it is so quiet. But sometimes it gets too quiet and you have to go to the fourth floor to get a little bit back to normal.

What helps you study?

Probably the teacher hours. Those have been very helpful, especially as a freshman; those have been very helpful.

IMG_7114web.jpg
Anna Boynton, senior studio art major, likes to grab a group of friends and head to The Naked Lounge to get some good studying done. Photo credit: John Domogma

Probably the Naked Lounge downtown. There is a lot of hustle and bustle and it’s kind of nice to have all that movement around you so I can just tune out and focus on what I am studying.

What helps you study?

My friends. It’s really good to have them around with me when I am studying. Finals are hard for everyone so it’s good to be able to talk with your friends and have that time to hang out.

John Domogma can be reached at [email protected] or @Domogma1985 on Twitter.