• Safe Space offers a helping hand to those in need in the community. Image generated by Firefly AI by Heather Taylor on March 28.

Celebrating a decade of shelter, adaptability with Safe Space

Common Courtesies at the WREC

Allison2.jpg
Illustration by Miles Huffman

The Wildcat Recreation Center is one of the great advantages of attending Chico State.

With so many machines, weights and free classes to choose from, it’s full of great opportunities for exercising and de-stressing.

However, there are some common courtesies that people should be aware of when attending classes at the WREC:

• Self-awareness is key. Be aware of surroundings and personal space. Try to be courteous and use the space of the room to the most advantageous to the entire group and not take up more space than necessary. There are others who want to exercise too.

On a similar note, with any class that requires a lot of movement, be aware of others nearby. It’s not fun for anyone to receive a foot in the face.

• Be on time, or as on time as possible to the class. Try to plan on arriving a few minutes early to factor in time to put way belongings in a locker, get necessary equipment for the class and set up an exercise station.
  • Once class has started, try not to speak to friends. I know its tempting but it is distracting for those in the surrounding area and disrespectful to the student instructor teaching.

Remember, it’s important to be respectful and self-aware while enjoying the use of the WREC.

Allison Galbreath can be reached at [email protected] or @agalbreath19 on twitter.