‘Cats leave mark in Seawolves territory

rosarosoforweb.jpg
Chico State’s Mike Rosaroso facing Sonoma State’s Nathan Molony-Benjamin on Jan 17. Photo credit: Caio Calado

The Sonoma State Seawolves’ men’s basketball team had trouble defending their home den against the Chico State Wildcats.

The ‘Cats beat the Seawolves with the final score being 80-43.

With the loss against Humboldt State ending their 10-game winning streak, the ‘Cats had no trouble putting that game behind them in their match against the Seawolves.

In the beginning of the game, junior forward Drew Kitchens made a shot, putting the ‘Cats on top in the first minute.

During the middle of the first half, the Seawolves called two timeouts, after both senior forward Jordan Semple and junior center Tanner Giddings got breakaways to an open net scoring consecutively.

The first half ended with the ‘Cats on top by 16 points and the score at 36-20.

The leading scorers for the first half were Giddings and sophomore guard Robert Duncan, tied at 6 points each.

Going into the second half, the Seawolves gave the ‘Cats yet another breakaway, with Duncan dunking the ball in the first 20 seconds of playing time.

The Seawolves struggled to get the ball into the net in the first five minutes of the half.

Towards the end of the second half the ‘Cats had dominated the court with the score being 64-34.

The game ended with the ‘Cats taking the win, with a final score of 80-43.

Duncan had the leading number of shots for the evening with a total of 18 points.

Breanna Barnard can be reached at [email protected] or @beeebarnyardd on Twitter.