Survival guide for season, series finales

Allison1.jpg
Illustration by Miles Huffman

It is the worst time of the year: finale season.

It is difficult living through the break between seasons, especially when they end with cliffhangers, as they so often do.

Even harder is dealing with series finales, the oh-so anticipated yet dreaded end of a show.

Here are some recommended materials for dealing with a series or season finale:

• Blanket(s). Use as many as needed to wrap oneself up and create a nice cocoon of comfort.
  • Something to hold, like a pillow or stuffed animal.
  • Tumblr and videos. Watch and rewatch favorite moments, analyze what might happen next season and most importantly, fangirl/fanboy over favorite ships/pairings.
  • Fan fiction. This is especially good when a series doesn’t end right or is canceled and ends on a cliffhanger. Just beware — fan fiction is a dangerous rabbit hole to venture down.
  • Music, most likely of the sad and depressing variety.
  • Tea and/or other comforting beverages.
  • Ice cream. I recommend Ben and Jerry’s Half-Baked. It really cradles the soul.

Of course, sitting in one’s room with all the lights off for a few days after the finale is preferable, if possible.

Just hang in there and remember: Netflix is always available to suggest new shows to watch during in the terrible, eternal wait.

Allison Galbreath can be reached at [email protected] or @agalbreath19 on twitter.