Adult playgrounds: A glance at sex toys

J.Q.-Hammer-Week-15-Oface-for-web.jpg

I felt like a kid in a candy store. They came in different shapes and sizes and my options seemed endless. It was a playground full of enticing paraphernalia, and it was a sex columnist’s dream.

Sex shops embrace the social taboo and offers items for any niche or fetish. I have visited a handful of sex shops in my day and would have to say that Chico is home to one of my favorites.

Playtime 4 You is located off of Highway 32 and carries a number of items that cater to every sort of sexual experience. Vibrators, lingerie, lube and love dolls don’t even begin to cover it.

Some might feel uncomfortable when entering such a sexually expressive environment, but the employees offer an inviting experience.

Store manager Erika Alaniz was kind enough to walk me through the store and show me a few of their items. Let me tell you, it takes a lot to surprise me, but I was amazed by the end of my visit.

A few of these items stood out the most.

We Vibe 4 Plus

This is the store’s best selling item and Alaniz describes it as “the Rolex of vibrators.” It runs at a whopping $187.95, but for good reason.

This is a two-pronged vibrator that you can use with your partner or by yourself and is popular for long-distance couples that still want to find a way to be intimate.

The vibrator is Bluetooth-operated, and once your partner has downloaded the app on their smartphone, they are able to have full control over your vibrating pleasures. A smart vibrator, who would have thought?

The Great Vibrating American Challenge

Leave it to America to come up with an arm-sized vibrating dildo and suggest it as a challenge. This bad boy weighs in at around 5 pounds and runs 24 inches in height, and 5 inches in width. These dimensions alone are enough to make my lady parts cringe.

This item rings in at a not-so-surprising $119.95.

Clone-A-Willy Kit

Does your boyfriend feel uncomfortable with you using a dildo that doesn’t exactly resemble his? No problem. The vibrating dildo kit is the answer for you. Not only can you create an exact replica of your penis of choice, you can also choose your preferred skin tone and material.

Your beautifully cloned penis will cost you around $79.95 and will keep both partners happy.

Vibrating Cyber Skin

Don’t worry boys, I didn’t forget about you. The Vibrating Cyber Skin comes in a variety of different shapes and labias and will cater to your masturbatory needs. Each Cyber Skin is an exact replica of your Penthouse model of choice.

At the price of only $82.95, you can indulge in your wildest sexual fantasies on a daily basis.

For those who just want to bring their sex life to new heights, sex shops are a great source. Check out your local store and see what they have to offer. You might find yourself pleasantly surprised.

Sophia Xepoleas can be reached at [email protected] or @soph_mxx on Twitter.