Horoscope for August 24-30

horoscope-1.jpg
Illustration by Madison Holmes Photo credit: Madison Holmes

Aries– One word: Pinterest. Get creative with your lifestyle and add a few fun changes to your daily routine. Adding a little pizzazz to your style this week will help you out in the long run. Just like the runner-up in a Miss America pageant, you are in desperate need of a confidence boost. For right now, forget about that paper that’s due, put on your best outfit and go out with friends. After a few drinks, you will feel on top of the world.

Taurus– Make like Tom Haverford and “treat yo’ self”. Plan a spa day, go shopping or call that special someone because this week is all about you. Now is the perfect time to try new things and meet new people. Go as far as following your crush on Instagram— it won’t be weird because this is your week. Go out and buy yourself a new pillow, and take that much deserved nap.

Gemini– Looks like it’s a table for one this week, and that is OK. Take yourself away from school, work and others to focus on your needs. Try getting away from the noise and spend time at home or someplace you can have peace. Self-reflection is key this week— figuring out who you are now will help you in the future.

Cancer– Looks like spring cleaning has come early. Your life has become so cluttered you can’t seem to focus on who you are, and you’ve lost sight of the big picture. Get rid of any and everything that is ruining your focus.

Leo– I suggest you stop what you’re doing right now and go sign up for Amazon Prime. You are in a financially stable place in your life, so it’s time to buy the things you’ve been thinking about. Get creative, redecorate your apartment or house, and add some fun. Get a kiddie pool, trampoline or even get a dog— it will be a great surprise for everyone.

Virgo– This week you have an unbelievable amount of confidence and no, it is not because you’re drunk. Now is the perfect time in your life to take a leap of faith, whether it be with your relationships, your job or deciding to study abroad. This week couldn’t be a better time to try new things, because, unlike when you’re drunk, this will actually work in your favor.

Libra– Now is the time to be the social butterfly your mom always told you to be. Get out and meet new people, it will be helpful to you in the near future. Join a new club or go out for an intramural sport. The start of the school year is the perfect time to meet new people and make connections.

Scorpio– Your life is like a roller coaster that only seems to be going up. You’re hopping from one great party to the next. Try sharing that positive energy with those around you, it’ll prove to be helpful in the future. Stay away from people with negative energy, because right now you are more vulnerable to it.

Sagittarius– Maybe you’ve just seen an inspirational Subaru commercial, or a fun documentary about someone exciting. Either way, adventure is out there and you’re trying to find it. Now is the perfect time to take a backpacking trip, or if you’re a “go big or go home” kind of person, try taking a semester off to travel the world. You do you.

Capricorn– You may feel sluggish, and it seems like everyone around you is working in overdrive. Drink a 5-Hour Energy and push your way out of this rut. Try buying a planner and list all that you have to do. It is important to remember not to be too hard on yourself because everyone feels this way once in a while. Just focus on your goals and you’ll have no problem reaching them.

Aquarius– Maybe it’s just me, but I’m sure we’ve all reached that point in our college life when you go to check your bank account and all you have is 23 cents. Unfortunately, this week is that moment. Take a deep breath and know everything will be OK. Make a list of your financial priorities. It may seem like beer should be your number one priority, but try keeping it at the bottom of the list for now.

Pisces– This week you have a little pep in your step, and now is the perfect time to make some lifestyle changes. With all this extra energy try going to the gym. You’ll feel much better and it will be a boost to your confidence. Now is also the perfect time to call an old friend and catch up. New friends are always good, but try to keep ties with your old ones.

Megan Moran can be reached at [email protected] or @_babymegs on Twitter.