‘Healing Resonance’ concert coming to Chico

Promotional photo for the event. Photo courtesy of Nicholas Farrar.

On Thursday, April 21, a show titled “A Night of Healing Resonance” will take place at Unitarian Universalist Fellowship in Chico. Performers include Ian Ethan Case from Boston, Adrian Bellue from Sacramento and Nicholas Farrar from Paradise.

The theme of the show is centered on using music as a healing tool and the spiritual attributes behind it. Tibetian singing bowls will be surrounded by the audience along with guided meditative vocal harmonies from the musicians.

“It‘s hard to focus at a show when there’s a ton of white noise, and it’s frustrating when people disregard performance art and prioritize their next drink,” said Nicholas Farrar, seven string bass virtuoso and performer. “‘A Night of Healing Resonance’ will be totally free from distraction, where the musicians can intimately share their message to an engaged audience that’s actively listening.”

Farrar uses looping technology to add multiple layers in his songs to create intricate and blissful-like atmospheres through multiple genres such as funk, classical and modern jazz.

Aside from performing, he also will be speaking to the audience about his battle with Lyme disease and how spirituality and music have been essential through it.

“The level of musicianship is extremely high, and I’m honored to be among such skilled performers,” Farrar said. “Music is an intensely personal endeavor, and its spiritual power is often only discussed privately among fellow musicians.”

Ian Ethan Case, one of the other performers, is an acoustic instrumental virtuoso who has a large Facebook following. Case is known for playing a double-neck 18 string guitar. He will be accompanied onstage by Grammy-nominated drummer and resident multi-percussionist for Key West’s Waterfront Playhouse Orchestra, G Maxwell Zemanovic.

Adrian Bellue, the third performer, is an acoustic virtuoso who is known for playing a harp guitar. He will be performing Tuvan throat-singing, which will add even more variety to this event.

The musicians will each perform their own set and will also be collaborating on a few songs together.

Tickers are $15 in advance and $20 at the door. Tickets for the church members, military and seniors are $12 in advance and $15 at the door. For students, tickets are $5 in advance and $10 at the door.

To reserve tickets, call (530) 343-1693 and leave a message for Mary. They only accept cash or check. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the show starts at 7 p.m.

Tom Sundgren can be reached at [email protected] or @tom_sundgren on Twitter.