Student charged for threatening Chico State staff member

Bianca Quilantan

A Chico State student pled not guilty to threatening a public officer at his arraignment Feb. 2.

Ryan Shidyak, a 22-year-old public administration major, has been accused of threatening Sandy Parsons, the director of Student Judicial Affairs at Chico State, via email according to court documents.

He has also been charged with committing a felony while out on bail. Shidyak was already facing a prior felony charge after previously being arrested for allegedly assaulting his roommate with a shotgun in July.

His trial for both cases will be held on March 2 at the Butte County Superior Court in Oroville.

Bianca Quilantan can be reached at [email protected] or @biancaquilan on Twitter.

6total visits,1visits today

4 Comments

4 Responses to “Student charged for threatening Chico State staff member”

1. ralph on February 15th, 2017 12:30 pm

I recommend this student transfer – he needs to make fresh start at another college. I think a college in a big urban area would work, a story like this wouldn’t even make the papers in LA, same with shot-gun incident.

[Reply]

2. ralph on February 15th, 2017 12:31 pm

I recommend this student transfer – he needs to make fresh start at another college.

[Reply]

3. Ryan Shidyak on February 15th, 2017 6:03 pm

The Administration at Chico State is simply trying to cover up its criminal actions by pulling up an email sent over a month prior and claiming it is a threat. This came just two days after I told them I would protest.

[Reply]

4. ryan shidyak on February 15th, 2017 10:51 pm

Both charges are false and are in retaliation for my more than 6 years of photojournalism and study of the police community interactions. Thankfully I have evidence to prove it. An audio recording, an eye witness, and pictures taken and timestamped. Thank You 21st century technology! No blame to Orion here, they are just reporting whats been reported after I threatened to go public with how they ignored terrorist threats in order to fluff their statistics, so they pulled up an old email, took it out of context, and claimed that it was a threat very sadly. Since no one with any brain at all will believe it. Chico State is being held hostage by fascist scum bureacracy that silences its opponants by sending the gestapo to break down their door as happened in my case.

[Reply]