Innovating mobile application aims to make student life easier

The new application offers coupons to local restaurants. Photo Courtesy of Oodles.

Oodles the application was released Aug. 30, in Chico, allowing local users to find new deals.

The deals consist of coupons to restaurants, clubs, movies, and stores. Fiesta Taco, Sultan’s Bistro, Arabica cafe, Smokin’ Mo’s bbq, Kona’s Sandwiches, Aca Taco, Gogi’s Cafe, Celestino’s are all included in offers.

Fiesta-Taco

The idea of the app is to share your coupons with friends and get even cheaper deals. Within the app you earn badges for every share you make with your friends. The more you share the higher levels you rise within the app offering you the best deal. Earnings vary from scorching, hotter, and hot deals. Each one represents a level the more you share the higher level you get allowing you get an even better offer.

For now the app consists of the eight restaurants, but is hoping to expand to more companies depending on how many users actually use the app. The goal is to use this app as a method for finding convenient places to go for users and friends.

Celestino's Pizza
There are eight current restaurants in Chico participating in deals and events. Photo Coutesy of Oodles.

The app is free and offers exclusive deals.

“Our goal is for people to Oodle not Google where they want to go with their friends,” said Sajal Sahay, chief experience officer at Oodle.

Ambassadors will be tabling at Chico State, hosting events, introducing the new local app.

Oodles can be downloaded in iTunes and Google Play.

Gennisis Mendoza can be reached at [email protected] or@gen10123 on Twitter.