Joe Crotts retires after 44 years at Meriam Library

Jed Wyrick (left) gives Joe Crotts(right) a certificate of recognition. Crotts retired yesterday after serving on the senate since 1981. “We’ve learned so much from you,” President Gayle Hutchinson said. “From the bottom of my heart I want to say thank you.” – at Kendall Hall. Photo and quote courtesy of Alex Grant. Photo credit: Alex Grant

Librarian Joe Crotts retired after a long career at Chico State Wednesday.

Crotts retired during his 44th year at the Meriam Library. His wife Brenda also recently retired from her job as a librarian at the Butte County Library.

Asked Friday how they like retirement so far, Crott said they have already been making the most of it.

“We’ve been in and out all day, we just got back from the movies,” Crotts said, “We’re going to see Jersey Boys tomorrow in Sacramento.”

Rather than any large plans, Crotts says he and his wife plan to take things relatively simple. He said he’s already enjoying his newfound free time.

Of travel, he says they don’t want, “…no around the world kind of trip,” he said.”We do want to go to all the different cultural events nearby and Chico that we couldn’t before because of that little thing called work.”

Josh Cozine can be reached at [email protected] or @joshcozine on Twitter.