Police report string of incidents in 12-hour-period

Police announced Tuesday that a string of crimes took place in the space of less than 24 hours in Chico.

According to a release from Chico Police, from Sunday night through Monday morning a police pursuit, a stolen vehicle, and an assault with a deadly weapon occurred.

The first incident occurred on Sunday at 11:34 p.m., when a Chico police officer attempted to conduct a traffic stop for a traffic violation. The driver refused to stop for the officer and failed to yield at a stop sign. This prompted a police chase that lasted three miles within the Manzanita Ave., Floral Ave. and East Ave. areas.

The pursuit came to an end when the driver of the vehicle yielded at the dead end of Mariposa Avenue. The driver was identified as a local 15-year-old Chico juvenile with a history of being a runaway, and the passenger of the vehicle was also identified as a local Chico juvenile.

Another incident occurred on Monday at 3:34 a.m., when a Chico Police Officer made a traffic stop at 7th and Mangrove Ave. for a traffic violation.

While the officer was speaking to the driver during the stop, identified as 26-year-old Ashley Riley, the vehicle was discovered to be a confirmed stolen vehicle. Riley was arrested without further incident.

A third incident occurred at 5:27 a.m. when Chico Police Dispatch received multiple calls about a domestic dispute after a woman was heard yelling for help at 1100 E. 1st Ave. Butte County Deputies responded to the call.

Deputies located 49-year-old Daun Slagle and 47-year-old William Oiler at the scene and determined that Slagle had a restraining order against Oiler. During the domestic violence incident that occurred before deputies arrived, police reported that Slagle physically assaulted Oiler with her hands, teeth, and a blunt weapon.

Slagle was arrested on suspected charges of domestic violence and assault with a deadly weapon, and Oiler was also arrested for having an active arrest warrant and violating a restraining order.

Josiah Nicholl can be reached at [email protected] or @josiah_theorion on Twitter.