An introduction from the new sex columnist

Michael Karp
Michael Karp

In a brilliant farewell to the sex column, Chantal Richards described her unique experience as the sex columnist. I’ve heard that I have some big shoes to fill, but I am very excited to be taking over the column.

My name is Michael Karp, and I welcome you to another raging spring semester at Chico State and a juicy transition to The O-Face.

First off, I would like you to get a feel for who I am and what I am all about. I am currently a senior in my final semester at Chico State and I’m majoring in economics.

I grew up in the Bay Area, but I was originally born in South Africa and moved to the U.S. when I was five, unfortunately losing my glorious accent in the process. Woe is me.

I am a white guy from Africa, and if you mention “Mean Girls” to me I will ignore you.

Either way, I’m sure you’re wondering why I chose to apply as the sex columnist and what might even qualify me for the position. I took an active interest in my sex life almost as soon as I stepped foot on Chico State’s campus.

Since then I have discussed, read, and experienced as much as I can in terms of sex, dating and relationships. Currently, I’m writing a book detailing self-development and life success, and about two-thirds of it will be on navigating your sex and dating life.

I truly believe that getting a handle on your dating life is a fundamental need of human beings and it’s important for everyone to take an active interest in it if they haven’t already.

I do not believe I am some omnipotent sex guru, but I do believe I have knowledge that can benefit anyone that reads this column. When I was struggling through my journey to sexual self-actualization, I received a ton of help from the people around me and some of the greatest friends I will ever have.

I would now like to return the favor and pass on the knowledge I have gained.

I want this column to be as informative and entertaining as possible. I want it to be an outlet for enlightenment in your sex lives. I wholeheartedly believe that everyone has the power to change their lives for the better, especially their sex lives, when given the right motivation and the right direction. I’d like to provide both.

As far as topics I’ll be discussing, they include how to be good in bed, adding kinkiness to your sex life, porn, sexual anxiety, hooking up, virginity, dating and many more.

I am extremely excited to take over the column and begin this journey with my readers. Feel free to email me with any questions, concerns or suggestions you may have for the column.

Sex is an amazing experience, including everything that goes with it, and it is something that everyone deserves to enjoy. This column is an outlet for you to seek advice, knowledge, and especially entertainment.

Have fun. I wish you all the best of luck for the semester. In closing, I leave you with my first piece of advice:

No glove, no love. Seriously, buy the 40-pack of Trojans from Amazon.

Michael Karp can be reached at [email protected] or @_MichaelKarp on Twitter.