• A girl and her dog enjoy the blue cloudy skies and fresh air on a walk in Cannonville, Utah, appreciating the beauty of nature and calming energy it brings. Taken by Ava Aragon on July 29, 2023.

10 ways to celebrate Earth Day

• Photo of Katie Callahan, who ran the event. An art history major in her senior year, she is the single student employed by Wellcat Safe Place. Taken on April 18th, 2024

Affirmative consent: What is it?

• 2023-24 Chico State men’s golf team in front of Kendall Hall. Courtesy: Jason Haley/Chico State photographer

Chico State men’s golf prepares for upcoming conference championship

Letters to: Someone who ghosted me

Photo credit: Briana Mcdaniel

Dear Someone who has ghosted me,

Hey, there stranger, it’s me. I want to start my letter by telling you that, surprisingly, I do not hate you.

But that doesn’t mean I am going to talk to you, like ever.

To be honest, what you did was pretty savage. It hurts to know that in your mind, you did not think I deserved at least a goodbye text.

Instead, you completely blocked my existence, as if I meant nothing to you. At first, my self-confidence was broken because I thought of myself so negatively.

Looking back, blaming myself for your actions was my biggest mistake.

The fact is, by ghosting me you showed that you did not have the respect or the audacity to express your own feelings.

Honestly, how do you live with yourself? Or move on with somebody in general while knowing you were incapable of ending things maturely.

But like I said earlier, I do not hate you. Actually, I want to thank you for that. Thank you, for ghosting me.

Because by doing so, I was struck with reality. Now I hold a higher standard of who I decide to open up with, knowing not everybody is who they say they are.

And as much as a waste of time you were, I learned a great lesson.

I wish you do not pull this on someone in the future because it shines a terrible light on your personality.

Better yet, I hope you get ghosted. Just kidding… Maybe.

Sincerely,

A Wildcat

Danielle Cortes can be reached at [email protected] or @theorion_news on Twitter.