Think about what makes you most happy after a long and stressful week. It could be a hot cup of tea paired with your favorite TV show, a day hike with friends or something as simple as reading a book. The possibilities are endless.

These aspects of relaxation and “me-time” are often referred to as self-care and are vital to regulating stress levels and overall mental health. Burn-out is common in working adults and students. No matter how busy your schedule may be, taking even a second to enjoy something small can make all the difference.

Self-care might sound luxurious or selfish to some, but your mental health is important. You deserve to take care of yourself! These techniques don’t always have to be fancy or time-consuming either. Self-care can be as easy as taking the time to sit down and eat a meal without the distractions of work or school, or saying no to a favor when you’re feeling overloaded.

It can be easy to partake in this practice, but the tools to make your self-care the most beneficial are right at your fingertips. These phone apps can come with you anywhere and be there for whenever you’re feeling overwhelmed or need a break.

Apps for self-care:

Vent: Need to yell aimlessly into the void without annoying your Twitter followers? Need to feel validated? This app supports sharing your true thoughts and feelings while making a connection with a positive and reinforcing community of real people going through varying experiences. It can be easy to keep everything wrapped up in your head, but it’s better for both your well-being and student/work life to let worries out instead of letting them fester.

Huddle: This app is similar to Vent, it gives space to talk about experiences with other non-judgemental and supportive members, but it is done so through video. You can video record yourself talking about your experiences, as anonymously or publicly as you want, and find support in different communities such as anxiety disorders, relationships, self-image and many more.

Headspace: Part of practicing self-care is practicing mindfulness, which is what this app is all about. Meditation is used to take a step back from reality and to take time for yourself, and you don’t need any experience or knowledge of meditation to begin. Although only the first 10 sessions of guided meditation are free, this app might be worth the investment for those who need stress relief, help with regulating a sleep schedule or aid in navigating mental health or illnesses.

Sleep Cycle: Sleeping healthily and regularly is essential for a healthy mind and body. When riddled with stress or worries, it can be difficult to stay on a sleeping schedule that benefits your mental health and work ethic. This app not only tracks and analyzes your sleep through sound, but also calibrates the best time to wake you up so you feel rested and energized.

Rayanne Painter can be reached at opinoneditor@theorion.com or @rayphenomenon on Twitter.