Gayle Hutchinson on track to be reviewed for abilities as president

Gayle Hutchinson pauses before the fall convocation on August 26 at Chico State. Photo credit: Natalie Hanson

The office of the Chancellor sent out a campus-wide email to students Friday, requesting constructive feedback of President Gayle Hutchinson.

The email contained both a letter directly from Chancellor Timothy P. White describing the process as well as a list describing the areas that can be addressed.

White states that this “process is intended to provide feedback to the Board of Trustees and the Chancellor about the leadership of President Hutchinson and the current state of affairs at California State University, Chico.”

Some of the recommended topics that the university lays out in its list include community involvement, fiscal management, human and physical resource allocation and personal characteristics.

Upon completion of the report, President Hutchinson will be briefed by the board of trustees. The process is standard policy and is completed every three years.

Students are highly encouraged to respond and give feedback as part of this process. All responses must be submitted by September 30 to Chancellor White.

Jack Lewis can be reached at [email protected].