Longtime faculty member dies

Myron Buzzini, a retired Chico State staff member, died Jan. 12, according to a campus-wide email. No cause was given.

Buzzini received his masters degree from Chico State in the 1976 before becoming an employee of the college, according to the email. He taught photography before moving to a job as a media production specialist for the campus. Buzzini operated video and audio equipment for classes being taught through the distance education program.

He is remembered for having a calm demeanor despite the technical and logistical challenges that came with his job, according to the email. Louis Nevis, Buzzini’s manager during his employment, said many faculty members gave him praise for working with him.

“He is remembered for remaining calm despite the numerous logistical challenges his role presented, including equipment malfunctions, confused student operators, and an incident involving a leaky ceiling,” Nevis said in the email.

Buzzini’s other accomplishments include conducting an interactive geography course with Japan via satellite, a groundbreaking event for Chico State’s continuing education program. His hobbies included black and white photography and movies, a love of trains and traveling.

No services have been planned. The University flag was lowered Monday in his memory, 13 days after he died.

Ernesto Rivera can be reached at [email protected] or @ernestorivera on Twitter.