Playlist: synth sounds for sick sinners

In this playlist, I wanted to highlight a few synth artists that I’ve fallen in love with recently. Each artist has a unique sound and soul that are worth experiencing.

1. Carpenter Brut — Paradise Warfare

This song is atypical of the synth-wave genre, being a heavy mix of the stereotypical 80s sound, heavy metal and incredibly cinematic chord progressions complimented with saxophones and heart pounding steel drum beats.

2. Raydar — Trick R Treat

This track is rather long, but offers a lot in the house-horror department for when you’re trying to get into the Halloween spirit.

3. Kick Puncher — Red Herring (Night Ritual)

If you liked the first song on this playlist, then you will absolutely love everything about this song and album. It features a rolling beat that switches between intense and mellow at will.

4. DANGER — 8:04

Easily my favorite DANGER track out there. It’s Incredibly cinematic and rich in texture which emphasizes the quality of his music. Listening to him makes me want to make a movie just so I’d be able to play his music in it.

5. DANGER — 88:88

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPwiHTY-LyM

What makes DANGER such an interesting artist are the little anachronisms within his art. He never gives any of his tracks names; he has literally hundreds of songs created that are impossible to come by anymore, other than random Youtube postings from the same time period.

6. Perturbator — Future Club

Keeping with the club theme: here is another bass pounding, heart shaking, dark synth wonder from the master of all things electronic and metal.

7. Dan Terminus — Refuge

This is honestly my favorite track within the genre. It’s a gorgeous blend of progressive rock and electronic music that will surprise even the most avid listener.

When I first heard the track, I was in literal heaven and completely awestruck by the amount of time and energy went into every part of the song. This song is an unstoppable roller coaster.

8. The Toxic Avenger — Something Evil

Toxic is an amalgamation of different sounds and spirits across the synth/french electronic genre. I would implore anyone that has the time or chance to listen to some of his work.

Abram Melendez can be reached at [email protected].