Playlist: Simpin’ in the Rain

Photo credit: Melissa Joseph

1. Fool in the Rain – Led Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin’s genius riffs and lyrics in “Fool in the Rain” make it a unique and charming song that’ll make you want to dance in the rain. The bridge alone will have you air drumming on the steering wheel of your car.

2. November Rain – Guns n Roses

“November Rain” is debatably one of Guns n Roses best songs. Running nine minutes long, this classic was made for the rainy season. The whole song tells a passionate narrative and easily whisks you away to a world where Axl Rose and Slash are personally serenading you.

3. Little Wing – Jimi Hendrix

Would this really be a playlist without Jimi Hendrix? Although “Little Wing” has little to no words, it is great music to drift into a daze on a relaxing rainy day. Somehow Hendrix conveys a nostalgic and sweet emotion solely through guitar chords.

4. Fire and Rain – James Taylor

James Taylor’s song “Fire and Rain” is one of the best songs to listen to in the car on a rainy day. Taylor’s soft voice playing against the sound of rain drops is unmatched. The old tune acts as a remedy for any gloomy day.

5. Cigarette Daydreams – Cage the Elephant

Being one of Cage the Elephant’s most heartbreaking songs, “Cigarette Daydreams” dewy-eyed lyrics make sporadic rainy days feel like torrential downpour. Get ready to sob while listening to this.

6. Banana Pancakes – Jack Johnson

If you skip classes during a rainy week, just listen to this song. It’ll make your decision to stay inside feel justified and idyllic. What more do you need than your warm bed?

7. We’re Going To Be Friends – The White Stripes

A bit more upbeat than the last, “We’re Going To Be Friends” is a short and sweet song that anyone can enjoy. It’s perfect for a small walk in the rain or while meeting an old friend.

8. No Rain – Blind Melon

Last but not least, this one hit wonder is the perfect alternative song to jam to as rains let up and you have to eventually get out of bed and face the world.