Men’s soccer team loses in overtime

1a893963-046c-4dfb-be2f-5dbb1ce714b7.jpg
Mid-fielder Nick Radosavjevic attempts to set up the ball for Wildcat strikers in a high jump header on Friday, September 12, 2014 at the Wildcat soccer field. Photo credit: John Domogma

The Chico State men’s soccer team fell on Sunday 1-0 in overtime against Cal State L.A.

The Wildcats and the Golden Eagles both fought hard to get to overtime, with the game ending in a scoreless tie. In the whole game there were a total of 20 fouls for Chico and 17 for the Golden Eagles.

The Wildcats had two yellow cards on the day, one going to forward Matt Hurlow early in the game and another going to goalie Luke Dennison at the 70th minute of the game.

The game winning goal was scored in the 101st minute of the match by Golden Eagle Halil Tozar. Dennison had three saves on the day.

The ‘Cats return to Chico to play Cal Poly Pomona on Friday at 4:30 p.m., attempting to get their first win conference. The team then finishes out the weekend by playing UC San Diego on Sunday at 11:30 a.m.

Chance Keenan can be reached at [email protected] or @chancelikelance on Twitter.