CFA votes yes to strike

CFA.jpg
    Photo credit: Michael Catelli

The results from the California Faculty Association vote to strike on salary increase showed a 94 percent in favor of striking.

The organization is comprised of instructional faculty, lecturers, librarians, counselors and coaches from all 23 CSU schools and plan to march to the chancellor’s office in Long Beach on Nov. 17.

“We are ready to act if necessary and for as long as it takes,” said CFA President Jennifer Eagan.

The vote was held from Oct. 19 to Oct. 28 and open to faculty members from all CSU campuses. The ballot provided voters with the option to strike if a resolution for the 2015-2016 salary is not met or to not strike and accept the two percent offer.

From here the bargaining is in the fact-finding stage, a process where both sides have 10 days to produce a report that recommends how a settlement could be met.

After the ten days, the CSU Chancellor has the chance to give his last offer and then the CFA has the right to strike.

Michael Catelli can be reached at [email protected] or @mcatelli on Twitter