Knife incident at Jack in the Box

Nathan Lehmann

Blotter Image.jpg

March 7 and 8

Chico Police:

Friday, 10:09 a.m.: Information to citizen at Citrus Elementary School. “Reporting party states 12 year old did not show up to school, staff was worried so they went to the juvenile’s address. Mother stated juvenile left on foot for school, did not seem concerned and left for a doctor’s appointment. At this time mother does not believe there is anything to be concerned about, she will call police department for runaway report if he does not return home after school.”

Friday, 10:30 a.m.: Negligent discharge of firearm on Humboldt Rd. “Sounds like a volley of gun fire. Several residents in reporting party’s complex heard gun fire. Calling into school, staff not aware of any problems. Shots fired on Humboldt 5- yards east. School advised to lock down. Block off Humboldt at Forest Ave, no eastbound traffic. Humboldt movement, 3 subjects from property where shots were heard. Subjects jumped the fence, running eastbound along creek. Subjects ran into house on Forest. Approaching house from south side. Checking interior, house is clear. Contact school to release the lockdown.”

Saturday, 12:10 a.m.: Knife incident at Jack in the Box on Broadway Street. “Group of approximately 12 subjects, one subject down on the ground. Employee yelling at the subjects to break up. Subject that was down is getting up and leaving. Subjects detained by gang unit. Victim wanting to press charges for being stabbed in the leg. En route back to 9th/Main to gangs with a witness.”

Saturday, 1:10 p.m.: Knife incident on Park Avenue. “Occurred 10 minutes ago. When reporting party went home suspect showed up at apartments, Reporting party fled the residents leaving his sister and girlfriend there. 2 suspects are outside the apartment. Officer at residents, no answer at the door. Standing by for reporting party. Victim never answered the door. Possible subjects who left upon officer’s arrival are involved. Possible gang activity.”

Saturday, 6:22 p.m.: Suspicious circumstances on East 20th Street. “Reporting party was at stop light on the west side of the freeway. Subjects in another vehicle exited and opened her back door of her vehicle. The subject yelled obscenities at her, subject followed her to the Red Lobster parking lot. Behind the Olive Garden subjects were shaking something at reporting party. Reporting party is not injured, but very scared. She will wait in the rear of Red Lobster.”

University Police:

Friday, 8:34 p.m.: Suspicious subject at O’Connell north entrance. “White male adult putting together some type of device, appears nervous to reporting party. Making contact with subject at Siskiyou bike racks, fled away when officers arrived.”

Saturday, 2:43 p.m.: Medical emergency on women’s rugby field. “Player down in the middle of field directly west of track stadium. Fire and medics at scene. Subject transported to medical center.”

Saturday, 6:57 p.m.: Suspicious circumstances at University Village. “Reporting party received a report from residents of two male subjects wearing hoodies peering into vehicles and pulling on door handles. Unable to locate subjects.”