Assault and battery with ant spray

David Mcvicker

police blotter.jpg

Illustration by Liz Coffee.

University Police:

Wednesday, 7:47 a.m.: Harassment at Parking Structure 1 at Cherry Street. “Reporting party advising that her ex-boyfriend has been harassing her via text messages, etc. They are both students and have two of the same classes. When she was leaving the parking structure yesterday around 3:30 p.m. her ex spit at her through her vehicle window.”

Wednesday, 11:05 a.m.: Suspicious subject at Shurmer Gymnasium on Warner St. “Subject appears to be sleeping near the bike racks behind Shurmer gym. Subject is sleeping in a red sleeping bag.”

Thursday, 9:46 a.m: Recycling issue at Kendall Hall on West 1st Street. “Reporting party states two males, not wearing shirts, with a bike going through recycling bins on the north side of the building.”

Thursday, 4:22 p.m.: Suspicious circumstance Laxson Auditorium on West First Street. “Reporting party is that the University Police Department to report unknown subject attempted to cut the lock off his bike. Cable is cut about half way through.”

Thursday, 10:59 p.m.: Petty theft at Selvester’s Cafe-by-the-Creek. “Reporting party was cleaning cafe and vacuuming when a group of four hispanic female adults, high school and freshmen aged one wearing red pants and a white shirt cut off in the back. The second wearing blue shorts and a black shirt. Subjects took 10-11 small containers and SILK milk and fled toward Chico High School.”

Friday, 8:46 p.m.: Petty theft at Nettleton Stadium on College Drive. “Banner missing from the first base side. Reporting party is waiting for responding officer.”

Chico Police

Wednesday, 5:22 a.m.: Disturbance at Rio Lindo Avenue. “A subject on a bike with a flashlight was yelling at the reporting party and accusing him of being with (subject’s) girlfriend. Reporting party does not know the subject. Reporting party is concerned for other bicyclists in the area. Subject was verbally aggressive, shining flashlight in reporting party’s face and trying to hit him with his bike.”

Wednesday, 6:45 a.m.: Assault/Battery at West 10th Avenue. “Reporting party reported his roommate sprayed ant spray in his face. She is upset because the gate was left open and he asked her to make sure the gate was closed. Reporting party advises she is on medication and does not think she is taking them.”

Wednesday, 7:47 a.m.: Reckless driver at California Park Drive. “Reporting party reporting from between California Park Drive and Chico Canyon where the road merges. Subject in a Honda Civic ran the reporting party off the road in her 15-seat disabled passenger van. She has her disabled children in the van with her. Driver and passengers in Honda were laughing.”

Wednesday, 1:09 p.m.: Disturbance at Main Street. “Female subject screaming at passersby. She says she will spit at people, spit in their mouths. Now she is saying she will ‘spit in the face of white people because they speak English.’ She is yelling about how Americans are fat and lazy.”

Thursday, 2:28 p.m.: Suspicious subject on Chestnut Street. “Male subject came in to get information about having a meeting with a priest. He became agitated and started yelling. He was asked to leave but was refusing. Subject is now standing at the front doors outside of the building and will not leave.”

Friday, 1:16 a.m.: Assault and battery at Springbrook Court. “Reporting party has a patient in the emergency room reporting she was jumped 30 minutes ago on the bike path in the area. Two suspects, heavy white female adult and a heavy hispanic female adult. Reporting party doesn’t have a better description. Victim was walking on the bike path looking for a dog that belonged to an acquaintance. Two female subjects approached her from behind. One female subject grabbed her by the hair and tossed her to the ground. That female subject continued to punch and kick her an unknown number of times. Then the two subjects then hopped a fence and began running.”