Taking time for friends

During college, taking the time out of the week and during the weekend to hang out with friends is really important, especially since some of these relationships can end up lasting a lifetime.

And when I say hanging out with friends, I don’t just mean getting drunk or doing drugs with them every time you make plans. When I say hanging out, I mean taking the time to really get to know them, to do things together that doesn’t always involve drugs or alcohol.

It really will make the difference in the friendship when you take time to really do want to do things outside of the party culture that Chico has. It’ll show your friends that you care about them and that you want the friendship to last. If you just hang out with them to drink or do drugs, that’ll just show them that you may not have that much respect for them or that you don’t really care about making the friendship work.

Also, it’s so important to take the time to hang out with friends throughout the week because it can really help take away some of the stress. It’ll give you a chance to have some time away from all the schoolwork and worries of having to get everything done.

So
    even if you don’t think you’ll have enough time to see your friends
    until Friday night, trust me, even if it’s just an hour of time with
    them, that can make all the difference.

Tara Miller can be reached at [email protected] or @chicojournalist on Twitter.