Police Blotter: Oct. 23—27

University Police

Wednesday, 8:26 p.m.: Missing person in Shasta Hall. “Student has not been seen since last week. Officer able to contact subject by phone. No further assistance needed. Subject went to Humboldt to visit his friends.”

Thursday, 7:52 p.m.: Smell of natural gas in Bell Memorial Union kitchen area. “Chico fire dispatched. Chico fire turned off valve pipe that leads to wok. No cooking allowed in wok area until pipe is repaired.”

Thursday, 8:15 p.m.: Suspicious subject at soccer stadium. “White male adult wearing bright orange shirt, khaki pants and climbing a tree. Approximately 25 feet up tree. Counseled and moved along. Subject stated he wanted to watch the soccer game.”

Thursday, 8:46 p.m.: Suspicious subject in Performing Arts Center courtyard. “Male subject with ski mask following pedestrians. Reporting party is scared.”

Thursday, 10:33 p.m.: Drunk in public at Shasta Hall, first floor study room. “Male subject fell downstairs. Negative injuries. Requesting evaluation.”

Friday, 7:15 a.m.: Recycling issue at Esken Hall dumpster. “White male adult wearing blue baseball cap and grey sweater and white female adult with blonde hair and a black sweater going through dumpsters. Both subjects warned for recycling. Moved along.”

Saturday, 7:02 p.m.: Suspicious circumstances in Esken Hall. “Reporting party requesting officer to meet with her. Observed subject crawling in through second-story window. Responding party called back requesting no further assistance.”

Sunday,10:54 a.m.: Verbal disturbance in front of the Physical Sciences Building. “White male adult in all black demanding money and reporting party is advising she does not know him.”

Sunday, 11:22 p.m.: Reckless driving in University Village. “Residential adviser advising a vehicle was speeding through the parking lot at an unsafe speed and burned out. Same vehicle does this all the time. Vehicle has no plates. White Dodge Ram 1500 truck. Subject counseled on his driving in the parking lot.”

Chico Police

Saturday, 1:36 p.m.: Assault/battery on the 100 block of East 13th Street. “Reporting party was parked at the corner. Subject reached into the reporting party’s vehicle and rubbed the reporting party’s head. Occurred at approximately 1 p.m. Subject last seen headed towards the school with a 40 (alcohol) in a bag. After subject rubbed reporting party’s head he slapped the reporting party. Reporting party grabbed his knife and tried to get out of his vehicle but the subject had the door blocked and spit on the reporting party. Reporting party brandished his knife and the subject left.”

Saturday, 1:54 p.m.: Disturbance on the 900 block of Nord Avenue. “Subject on green bike with a red devil mask. Subject drops his bike and charges at people, screams in their faces about partying in Chico. Reporting party feels that the subject is under the influence of something.”

Sunday, 7:18 p.m.: Illegal camping on the 300 block of Flume Street. “Behind the lawyer’s office next door to listed address, access through the alleyway. Transient has set up a camp. A couple of days ago, the reporting party rolled up the subjects property and left a note saying ‘This is not a campsite.’ The transient has returned and re-set up his camp. Subjects were cited for camping and moved along.”

Sunday, 11:43 p.m.: Prowler sighted in the 3300 block of the Esplanade. “Male in all black was looking into living room window then knocked on her door. Reporting party has seen him in the area before and has heard he does this sort of thing and to stay away from him. Subject last seen on foot walking towards the Esplanade at time of call.”

Saturday, 1:21 p.m.: Disturbance on the 700 block of West Second Street. “Reporting party reporting that roommate was yelling at him and almost hit him. Unknown if subject has any weapons. Other male can be heard yelling in the background. Reporting party states that subject is angry because reporting party did his laundry on the wrong day.”

-compiled by Nicholas Carr and Mozes Zarate