Solidarity in support of the undocumented community at Chico State

The campus community expressed solidarity at Chico State for undocumented students. Photo credit: Luke Dennison

Luke Dennison

The Trinity Commons hosts solidarity event at Chico State showing support for the undocumented community on campus, Tuesday.

Trinity Commons

The event was held at Trinity Commons lawn where many students, faculty and staff attended to show support. Photo credit: Luke Dennison

Undocumented students and faculty shared highly personal stories about their families and their journey through the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.

Smiles, tears, voices, and hugs were relative during the event.

Documented students also expressed thoughts on the Trump administrations decision to rescind the DACA program.

Students speak

Students shared thoughts about DACA and its' effect on our campus community. Photo credit: Luke Dennison

Informational signs were laid out all over the Trinity Commons lawn.

Informational sign on DACA

5 things to know on DACA Photo credit: Luke Dennison

For more information, regarding the removal of DACA visit the US Citizenship and Immigration Services website.

Luke Dennison can be reached at [email protected] or @OrionNews_Luke on Twitter.