Original characters created in first Wildcat Gaming design party

The game Betrayal at the house on the hill was played by students and members of Wildcat Gaming, From left-to-right, Julian Pierson, Aaron Dizon, Alexander Lopez, and Theron Rex Howard, Saturday during a character creation party. Photo credit: Josh Cozine

Two characters- Wattles, a genetically modified super-rooster who guards chicken farms of the not-so-distant future, and Arius, a necro-kid who annoys the spirits that try to haunt him – were designed Saturday, at Wildcat Gaming’s first character design party.

The party was sponsored by Tespa, a part of Blizzard Gaming, and hosted by Wildcat Gaming, a campus gaming group in BMU 203 from 2 p.m until 7 p.m., said Theron “T-Rex” Howard, one of the group’s officers.

croppedArius.jpg

Arius, created by JaeLehman, considers the spirits that try to haunt him as family, much to the dismay of the spirits. Created by Jae Lehman, Saturday during a character creation party Photo credit: Josh Cozine

DSCN2108.JPG

Francisco Kjellberg, creator of Wattles, seen drawing Saturday during a character creation party Photo credit: Josh Cozine

Francisco Kjellberg, creator of Wattles, and officer of Wildcat Gaming, explained his character. “He’s made with different animal DNA, he has thick skin like a rhino, and strong feathers he can throw or use to pick locks.” Wattles, he said, was created when most of the chicken farms were destroyed to protect the few remaining.

The creator of Arius, Jae Lehman, a student who showed up for the event, said that Arius means deathless and that the child lived a quiet life in a secluded mansion near a graveyard, when all of a sudden everyone starts to get sick and die, except for Arius.

JaeArius.JPG

Jae Lehman, drawing Arius, her original character, Saturday during a character creation party Photo credit: Josh Cozine

gaming.jpg

jae2.jpg

Jae Lohman, creator of Arius, seen here drawing, Saturday during a character creation party Photo credit: Josh Cozine

A make-your-own ice cream sundae station and snacks were offered at the event, and board games and video games were played alongside the creation of original characters like Wattles and Arius.

Howard says this was the first of such character design parties, but hopes to host more in the future.

Josh Cozine can be reached at [email protected] or @joshcozine on Twitter.