A girl named Jason: Kourtney Jason

Kourtney Jason

Think before you cheat. Not on tests, but about the consequences of cheating when you are dating someone, supposedly exclusively.

Sure, both men and women cheat, but neither should be subjected to being cheated on. In hindsight, being dumped beforehand would be easier to deal with than knowing a sexual partner is doing the horizontal tango with someone else.

People have “hos in different area codes.” That’s not OK. Dating more than one person in one town makes it more likely for you to get caught, but anyone who does this deserves to be caught. Future boyfriends or girlfriends should be well aware of such a creeper’s past.

Since the Web site’s creation in 2005, DontDateHimGirl.com has received more than 26,000 profiles of alleged cheaters. While it’s a good idea in the thought that it could save many women from dating former cheaters (once a cheater, always a cheater?), some issues need to be addressed regarding the Web site’s appropriateness.

Since all of the alleged cheaters on the Web site are men, there shouldn’t be any opposition for the creation of a site for alleged female cheaters. It’s a double standard for men to be the only ones accused of two-timing. And in consequence of doing so, anyone can create a profile, including a place for pictures and anonymous comments of the unfaithful hooligan.

If someone were that angry with a cheater, wouldn’t he or she at least have the balls to voice frustrations out loud instead of being anonymous on some weasely Web site? If this person really were a cheat and a liar, then anyone who knows the truth would want to say it to that person’s face. They should be embarrassed that they were only comfortable with doing so anonymously online.

Anonymity can even encourage exaggerations of the wrongdoings.

Although it would only be fair to have such a Web site about cheating women, everyone should be afraid of what such Web sites can do.

And here sparks the creation of ClassAction-DontDateHimGirl.com, a site providing legal information for men harmed personally, professionally or socially by DontDateHimGirl.com.

So, stop cheating because people gossip, and the truth is bound to come out sometime.

Kourtney can be reached at <a href= “mailto:[email protected]”>[email protected]</a>