• Elodie, played by Millie Bobby Brown, in the March 8 Netflix release of “Damsel.” Courtesy: Allied Global Marketing/Netflix

He said, she said: ‘Damsel’

• Romani Wedding - Photo Courtesy of Efigenia Galea.

‘My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding:’ A shallow depiction of the Roma community

Wildcats win in dramatic fashion

softballTeague (1000x681).jpg
Sophomore Amanda Cordeiro swings for a hit earlier this season. Photo credit: Emily Teague

A wild pitch turned out to be the perfect pitch for the WIldcats in game one of Friday’s doubleheader. The ’Cats won 1-0 and a walk off ended game two with a 3-2 victory.

Chico State hosted the Sonoma State Seawolves and game one was a battle from the start. Both pitchers from each team were in control the entire game. The one slip-up for the Seawolves came in the bottom of the third and it proved to be a game changer. With a runner on third, the Wildcats scored on a wild-pitch.

That run was all starting pitcher Alex Molina needed. Molina pitched the whole game for the Wildcats and only gave up five hits and struck-out three.

Chico State won game one, 1-0 despite only managing to get three hits.

Game two for the Wildcats ended in thrilling fashion. In the bottom of the seventh inning, with the score tied 2-2, Brynn Lesovsky came up to bat and with a runner on second,, hit a gapper that ended the game.

The Wildcats accumulated 12 hits in game two and are now 23-21 with a division record of 16-14 which is good for fourth in the California Collegiate Athletic Association.

Saturday is senior day for the Wildcats and the team will play another doubleheader against the Seawolves starting at noon.

Angelo Boscacci can be reached at [email protected] or @Boscacci6 on Twitter.