• 2023-24 Chico State men’s golf team in front of Kendall Hall. Courtesy: Jason Haley/Chico State photographer

Chico State men’s golf prepares for upcoming conference championship

• Elodie, played by Millie Bobby Brown, in the March 8 Netflix release of “Damsel.” Courtesy: Allied Global Marketing/Netflix

He said, she said: ‘Damsel’

• Romani Wedding - Photo Courtesy of Efigenia Galea.

‘My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding:’ A shallow depiction of the Roma community

Chico State eliminated from CCAA tournament

player_McClellan.jpg
Chico State senior Ryan McClellan went 4 for 5 in the Wildcats' loss to UC San Diego Saturday night. He was named to the all-tournament team. Photo courtesy Chico Wildcats

The Chico State baseball team scored its most runs in an inning since February 2013, but a late comeback wasn’t enough as the Wildcats were eliminated in a 10-7 loss to the UC San Diego Tritons in the California Collegiate Athletic Association Championship tournament.

Derek Sesma got the start for the ‘Cats and only lasted 2 2/3 innings, giving up five runs while striking out two. UC San Diego put up two runs in the second, three runs in the third, and one run in the fourth, giving the Tritons a six-run lead.

The Wildcats clawed back into the game in the top of the sixth inning with seven runs off of eight hits to grab the lead 7-6.

After being hit in the head with a line drive that ricocheted into center field, Luke Barker stayed in the game to strike out the next batter to end the bottom of the sixth inning tied 7-7.

Ryan McClellan was 4 for 5 on the day with one RBI. The senior was named all-tournament along with Peter Miller, Ryne Clark and Ruben Padilla.

The schedule for this week’s NCAA Championship Tournament West Regional games is to be determined.

Emerson Keenan can be reached at [email protected] or @chancelikelance on twitter.