• Orange cones block the entrance to the Dutch Bros on Esplanade. Photo taken by Amy Blair on Feb. 28.

Dutch Bros on Esplanade temporarily closed

• The student health center is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays, and is closed for an hour each day from noon to 1 p.m. Courtesy: WellCat Health Center, taken by Jason Halley/University Photographer

Healthcare for students anytime, anywhere: all the WellCat has to offer

• Second Street from the B Line bus station. Taken by Maki Chapman on Feb. 28.

Backsliding on alcohol rules, or maybe moving forward

• Staff Members of the Black Youth Leadership Project 
Left-Right: Pamela Irby, Laniea LaGarde, Quinessa Stibbins, Laila Anderson, Candy Jackson, Keila Lee, Brandon Trowel

Community leadership project aims to uplift Black youth 

• Jason Rabinowitz, secretary-treasurer of Local 2010, addresses Unit 6 workers ahead of the ratification vote. Photo taken from Teamsters 2010 Flickr account.

Teamsters Local 2010 tentative agreement to be voted on by CSU Board of Trustees

Chico State falls in College World Series opener

83861fed-3378-4f03-94d5-9a4ad7f2ff3a.jpg
Chico State outfielder Ryne Clark connects earlier this season. The senior went 2 for 4 in Saturday's loss to Lander in the College World Series Photo credit: Alex Boesch

The Chico State baseball team opened the NCAA Division II College World Series with a 6-4 loss to Lander on Saturday in Cary, North Carolina.

The Wildcats matched up to Lander, the nation’s leader in many offensive categories, for much of the game. But at the end, the reason for the opening loss was plain and simple: errors.

Chico State pitchers walked five batters, hit five more, and the defense committed a pair of errors behind them. The ‘Cats also ran into two outs on the base paths.

Despite the mistakes, Chico State’s (43-14) offense kept up with the Bearcats in the middle innings. Ryne Clark went 2 for 4 in the game, and Tyler Madrid had a two-run single to tie the game 3-3 at one point in the night.

The Wildcats will take on top-ranked Tampa in an elimination game Monday at 10 a.m.