Chico State ranked 7th in the west

KendallHall.jpg
Chico State's Kendall Hall. Photo credit: David Mcvicker

Chico State ranked seventh out of 34 regional public universities in the Western United States, according to a survey published by the U.S News & World Report magazine.

Out of all regional universities, including private schools, in the Western United States, Chico State ranked 35 out of 84 universities. It tied with Dallas Baptist University in Dallas and Hardin-Simmons University in Abilene, Texas.

Chico State received a high ranking in several areas this year, including peer assessment, acceptance rate, percent of classes with fewer than twenty students and retention rate.

Chico State was ranked tenth last year and was once ranked third for three years in 2002, 2005 and 2005, said Sarah Langford, the public affairs coordinator at Chico State.

Chico State has always been ranked in the top ten of western public universities since the magazine began publishing the list in 1998.

The rankings can be found online and in the 2015 edition of “America’s Best Colleges” from the U.S. News & World Report magazine.

Madison Holmes can be reached at [email protected] or @madisonholmes95 on Twitter.