Humans of Chico State: Fall memories

Rachel Hill
Rachel Hill, a sophomore parks and recreation and event management major, talks about how much she enjoys being a part of Cru. Photo credit: Lindsay Pincus

What is your favorite memory so far this semester?

I would probably have to say playing fugitive with Cru on Friday night.

What is fugitive?

Fugitive is a game where basically we all get together and we have people who are runners and we have people who are chasers. The chasers get in cars and their job is to go around town and find the runners and there is a destination they have to reach before we tag them. If we tag them before they reach it, they are out. It is a fun way to be active and get to know other people and build a community within Cru.

Adel Alghamdi
Adel Alghamdi, a freshman electronic engineering major, discusses the differences he experienced from living in a big city to moving to a small town. Photo credit: Lindsay Pincus

What has been your favorite part of Chico so far this semester?

In LA we don’t have that many parks because it is more commercial. But in Chico, there are a lot of trees and good parks and there is a river which I like the most.

Do you go with friends?

I go with my friends of course and we just hang out and walk by the park and go around and see the beautiful trees and views.

Martha Ayala
Martha Ayala, a sixth-year anthropology and Spanish and Latin American studies double major, studies for her exam and talks about her experiences with the anthropology department. Photo credit: Lindsay Pincus

My favorite memory so far this semester is meeting new people and connecting with new people and seeing different views about life.

Can you give an example of when you experienced that?

For example, I did some anthropology forums and I am able to learn different studies or research and it is amazing what life can offer. It is interesting how people are capable of being able to learn something and be able to teach it to other people.

Alejandro Padilla
Alejandro Padilla, a junior theater arts major, appreciates the silence and peacefulness of the library. Photo credit: Lindsay Pincus

My favorite memory is sitting in the grove and just zoning out honestly. I went to a community college before this and the annoying people at a community city college is absolutely devastating and just horrid to be around. But once I found that nice quiet study area, I was at blissful peace.

So you just like to sit there and think?

Sit there, think, study, read and not have to worry about idiots coming up to you and asking you for a lighter or a cigarette.

Lindsay Pincus can be reached at [email protected] or @LindsayPincus on Twitter.