Look out Bellow: country-soul band to form ‘quick camaraderie’ with audience

Michael Quiring

LoneBellow.jpg

Chico Performances presents The Lone Bellow with opener Hugh Bob and The Hustle
7:30 p.m. Thursday in
Laxson Auditorium. Photo courtesy of Chico Performances

Chico is set for a night of country, rock and soul, featuring Brooklyn-based group The Lone Bellow and Hugh Bob and The Hustle. The show, presented by Chico Performances, will occur at 7:30 p.m. Thursday in Laxson Auditorium.

The Lone Bellow will be visiting Chico during its upcoming tour that will feature material from its EP “The One You Should’ve Let Go.” Fans can also expect a few surprises on the set list.

“We are really excited for this fall run,” said Kanene Pipkin, The Lone Bellow’s singer and mandolin player. “We will also be playing some new songs from our upcoming album in January. We can’t wait to see how people respond to the new material.”

The musicians of The Lone Bellow promised to somehow incorporate a little bit of Chico into their show as well.

“Each show is different,” Pipkin said. “Chico will have to show us what it has to offer so that we can funnel that into our show.”

The Lone Bellow, which has been featured on NPR and CBS, is well known for putting on a good show. Attendees should look forward to an entertaining and intimate musical experience.

“We want to take the audience on a trip and get the audience involved,” Pipkin said. “As a performer, you have the opportunity to lift burdens for a while. I love creating an environment that is able to do that and form a quick camaraderie with strangers on such a quick pace.”

[box]

Concert Details

• Date: Thursday, Oct. 2
  • Time: 7:30 p.m.
  • Location: Laxson Auditorium
  • Price for Chico State student: $10

[/box]

Tickets can be purchased online or at the University Box Office.

Michael Quiring can be reached at [email protected] or @theorion_news on Twitter.