• Nate Farrington, new director of Adventure Outings, holding up some climbing rope that needs to be organized. Taken by Maki Chapman on February 8th, 2024

Nate Farrington takes the lead as Adventure Outings’ director

Cross country takes 5th, 8th at Santa Clara Bronco Invite

enriquetta.jpg
Chico State women's cross country runner Enriquetta Peinado was the top Wildcat across at the Santa Clara Bronco Invitational.

The Chico State cross country team competed at the Santa Clara Bronco Invitation Saturday, with the men’s team placing fifth overall and the women’s team taking eighth overall. Many Division I teams competed in Santa Clara, including Oklahoma State who are ranked first on the men’s side and second on the women’s side in the Midwest Region.

The first group of of Wildcat women to finish were Quetta Peinado, Camila Turati, Sadie Gastelum and Rebekah Bahra. Peinado, a junior, finished up first for the Wildcats with a time of 21 minutes, 29 seconds and 39th place in the 6k race.

The first ‘Cat to finish on the men’s side in the 10k was redshirt junior William Reyes, with a time of 23:57.Next to finish was recent CCAA men’s cross-country runner of the week Alex McGuirk, clocking in a time of 24:04. Reyes placed eighth overall and McGuirk got the 21st spot.