• A girl and her dog enjoy the blue cloudy skies and fresh air on a walk in Cannonville, Utah, appreciating the beauty of nature and calming energy it brings. Taken by Ava Aragon on July 29, 2023.

10 ways to celebrate Earth Day

• Photo of Katie Callahan, who ran the event. An art history major in her senior year, she is the single student employed by Wellcat Safe Place. Taken on April 18th, 2024

Affirmative consent: What is it?

• 2023-24 Chico State men’s golf team in front of Kendall Hall. Courtesy: Jason Haley/Chico State photographer

Chico State men’s golf prepares for upcoming conference championship

Princeton ranks Chico State business college

Hennessey.jpg
Judith Hennessey, the Dean of the College of Business, said the college prepares students for their future careers in business. Photo courtesy of Chico State.

Chico State’s College of Business was rated as outstanding in a new book by the Princeton Review, according to a news release.

The College is featured in the Princeton Review’s “Best 296 Business Schools: 2015 Edition.”

The universities are not ranked one to 296, the schools are mentioned for superior academics, said Robert Franek, publisher of the Princeton Review.

“Each school in our books offers outstanding academics,” he said. “No single b-school is ‘best’ overall.”

The Princeton Review, a Massachusetts-based company, surveyed 21,600 students attending business schools over the course of three years and collected data to create profiles of each school in the book.

The survey asked students about their career plans and their school’s academics, student body and campus life.

“California State University, Chico offers a practical and personable MBA program, well suited to Northern California professionals,” reads the Chico State’s profile from the book. “With a ‘great regional reputation,’ Chico students feel confident they can leverage their education in the workplace.”

One positive aspect named about Chico State’s College of Business is the learning climate established by faculty.

“I have met many professors through independent projects, and they have been very helpful and guided me to the right resources,” one student wrote in the survey.

The review highlights the strength of Chico State’s college of business in advancing the high-demand business knowledge and skills that lead to a career, said Judith Hennessey, dean of the college of business.

“Employers and high-quality students, including growing numbers of international students — currently almost 20 percent of the program — have acknowledged the high value of our MBA program in this latest Princeton Review survey,” she said.

Madison Holmes can be reached at [email protected] or @madisonholmes95 on Twitter.