Teens reported playing chicken with cars

police-blotter31.jpg
Illustration by Liz Coffee.

University Police Department

Call Type: Medical Aid Friday, 1:32 p.m., Cherry Street

“Female called feeling light headed and felt like passing out. Was taken to Enloe Medical Center for further care.”

Call Type: Drunk in Public Friday, 8:57p.m., Selvester’s Cafe-by-the-Creek

“Subject was wearing a green shirt, jacket, backwards baseball cap, was stumbling around the building and checking doors. Arrest made.”

Call Type: Burglary Friday 9:17 p.m., Cherry Street

“Grey Dodge Durango was parked on the second floor of the parking structure where it was broken into and property was taken.”

Chico Police Department

Call Type: Suspicious vehicle Friday, 8:19 a.m., East Avenue

“Reporting party saw a vehicle yesterday when dropping off his kids at PV High. Vehicle appears to have the barrel of a black rifle with a flash suppressor protruding from the grill of the truck. Reporting party does not have driver’s description but just wanted to notify Chico PD of the vehicle. Reporting party no longer at the school. It is the barrel of an AR15 that is attached to the grill. Subject states he was not on campus today. Subject was advised if he does go to the campus he can be cited.”

Call Type: Juvenile problem Friday, 7:35 p.m., Floral Avenue on East Avenue

“Group of teenagers appear to be trying to play chicken with cars. They are running back and forth in lanes. They were at a birthday party near by.”

Call type: Suspicious subject Friday, 10:09 p.m., Marigold Avenue on East Avenue

“Reporting party was out walking his dog. There was a subject hiding, squatting in the bushes, watching the reporting party. Reporting party walked back to his house. Subject had been in the closed area of Eaton Road. Reporting party last saw the subject walking westbound on the open area of Eaton Road. Subject had his hands in pockets with a possible cell phone he was looking at when reporting party first saw him hiding. Reporting party concerned subject possibly a lookout or waiting to hurt someone.”