‘Cats struggle late, lose to Cal State L.A. 71-64

malikpaytonweb.jpg
Chico State faces off against Cal State L.A. Friday Jan. 30 in acker gym. Chico state's Annie Ward looks to make a play for Chico State. Photo credit: Malik Payton

The Chico State women’s basketball team struggled to find any offense late in the second half losing a close game against Cal State Los Angeles, with a final score of 71-64.

The Wildcats played well as a team with all five starters scoring in the double digits. Junior forward Brooke Bowen lead the team with 13 points, two assists, and one rebound.

The first half of the game had the Wildcats and the Golden Eagles in a close matchup with nine changes in the lead.

The game went into halftime tied at 37-37.

The ‘Cats came out firing in the second half with consecutive Bowen layups to take an early 41-39 lead. But, Cal State Los Angeles would take the lead and keep it for the rest of the game.

The Wildcats cut the Golden Eagle’s lead to two points with just under five minutes left in the game, but the ‘Cats offense struggled and only scored one field goal for the rest of the game.

Lars Gustafson can be reached at [email protected] or @larsonsports on Twitter.