Chico State wins seven straight

1000_IMG_0950.jpg
Point Guard, Jalen McFarren, making defenders struggle as he dribbles down the court. Photo credit: Gustavo Ornelas

The Chico State men’s basketball team picked up their seventh straight win over Cal State Dominguez Hills at Acker Gym Saturday night, with a final score of 67-57.

With the win, Chico State now sits at 14-5 overall and 11-3 in the California Collegiate Athletic Asociation. What was a four-way tie for first in the conference last Saturday is now a two way tie, between the Wildcats and Cal Poly Pomona wth eight games left play in conference.

Sophmore guard Robert Duncan set a new career high with 23 points on 11 shots, most by a Wildcat this season.

Duncan scored every way possible, scoring on several layups in traffic, hitting from the foul line and making shots beyond the arc. He was 8-11 from the field and 6-7 from the free throw line.

With senior forward Jordan Semple having an off night shooting, it was up to other players to pick up the slack. Enter junior wingman Drew Kitchens coming off the bench to finish with 13 points, going 3-3 from the three-point line in the first half. He also made several key stops on defense in the game’s closing minutes.

The Toros took their last lead of the night with 7-minutes to play, before the ‘Cats locked down on defense outscoring the Toro’s 17-7 over the games final seven minutes.

Kevin Lucena can be reached at [email protected] or @klucena824 on Twitter.