• A group of raised hands against a blue background. Created by Ariana Powell on Feb. 23.

CSUEU, non-academic student assistants to unionize

• A person ducks under the fallen tree on the Warner Street pedestrian bridge. Taken by Molly Myers Feb. 21

Pedestrian bridge closed due to downed tree

• An unlabeled food truck sits awaiting customers. Image by Andreas Volz from Pixabay.

On-campus food trucks have revolutionized Wildcat eating

• Participants in KCSC’s show are all deeply involved in their performances. 
From left to right: Sierra Buck, Kennedy Jude, Rose Fields, Aaron Gee, Madalén Cortez, and Jeffrey Lenh. Photos taken by SavStudios on Feb 17, 2024.

KCSC Radio presents: Melodies of love and heartbreak

• Flyer courtesy Daniel Veidlinger

Chico State holds religion and COVID symposium on Friday

Wildcats break 2 game losing streak

1feb9b56-81cc-42e5-af85-bc7914919c2f-forweb.jpg
Chico State's Annie Ward penetrates to the basket in the second half against a Cal State L.A. defender on Friday Jan. 30 in Acker gym. Photo credit: Malik Payton

The Wildcats defeated UC San Diego on Friday night to end their losing streak, finishing the game with a final score of 76-70.

Junior guard Chanelle Di Croce scored the first 3-pointer of the night for the Wildcats. Di Croce was also one of the four top scorers of the night finishing the game with 10 points.

Midway into the first half Chico State lead UC San Diego by 12 points. The Wildcats were doing good offensively, constantly putting pressure on the defense. The Tritons found themselves trailing behind the rest of the first half ending it 47-27.

The ‘Cats’ largest lead of the night came in the first half with 18 points.

At the start of the second half, the Tritons started off strong scoring a total of 11 points before allowing the Wildcats to make a basket of their own.. UC San Diego’s offensive pressures allowed them to stay close.

The top scorer of the night was first year guard Whitney Branham, who finished the game with 19 points.

With only 40 seconds left in the game, Branham shot a three-pointer to help her team pull away and seal the victory.

Chico State will be back in action on Saturday, when they face Cal Poly Pomona who currently places third in the California Collegiate Athletic Association standings.

Julie Ortega can be reached at [email protected] or @julieOrtega_ on Twitter.