CADEC hosts relationship and alcohol awareness events

merp.jpg
Photo courtesy of CADEC

Chico State’s Campus Alcohol and Drug Education Center prepares for two awareness events leading into Valentine’s Day weekend, focusing on relationships and alcohol education.

The first one is the Sexual Responsibility Week. From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Feb. 10, 11 and 12, anyone can stop by the center’s table to learn about safe sex practices, alcohol and what it takes to be in a healthy relationship.

The second event is entitled ROAR! +1. It is co-sponsored by the University Housing and Food Services and Prime Time Productions. This event will be held Wed. Feb. 11 at 5:30 p.m. at the Sutter Plaza.

This is also open to anyone but will be an RSVP type of event. There will be dinner held, so tables are limited.

For every person who RSVPs, you are allowed to bring a date. During dinner there will be a raffle as well as information on how to save a friend’s life during an alcohol emergency.

They will also discuss on how to speak to someone who is in need when dealing with alcohol.

Evan Thibeau, senior peer educator, said ROAR!’s goal is to, “give fellow wildcats the tools to help each other in an alcohol-related emergency.”

To learn more, stop by the center’s table next week and make a reservation for the event.

Brittany McClintock can be reached at [email protected] or @theorion_news on Twitter.