‘Cats come from behind, win 10th game in a row

Julie Ortega

1b4997da-003a-42aa-a20e-f0764eb18428web.jpg

Chico State's Drew Kitchens facing the Los Angeles State's Joel Brokenbrough defense on Jan 30. Photo credit: Caio Calado

The Chico State men’s basketball team added another win to their streak. The Wildcats defeated Cal State San Bernardino in overtime, with a final score of 73-72.

Cal State San Bernardino led against the Wildcats in majority of the first half. And by the end of it, Chico State was down by nine points.

In the second half, with 15 minutes left in regulation, Chico State was down by 14 points. It was the highest lead of the night for the Coyotes.

Chico State caught up with less than eight minutes left, closing the score with 49-48.

Sophomore, guard Robert Duncan shot a three-pointer to help Chico State take the lead, 51-52.

Cal State San Bernardino responded a minute later with a three-pointer of their own to take a stronger lead.

Junior center Tanner Giddings tied the game, making one of two free throws and to take the game into overtime.

In overtime, junior forward Drew Kitchens was fouled. He split the free throws, to help Chico State with less than ten seconds left in overtime.

Freshman guard Jalen McFerren made a pass to senior guard Mike Rosaroso who scored a three-pointer to win the game. It was Rosaroso’s only score of the night.

The top scorer of the night was sophomore guard Robert Duncan with 22 points.

Julie Ortega can be reached at [email protected] or @julieOrtega_ on Twitter.

4 Comments

4 Responses to “‘Cats come from behind, win 10th game in a row”

1. Hay Day Hack Ios 7 Jailbreak on October 24th, 2015 1:19 am

[…] Cats come from behind, win 10th game in a row – The Chico State men’s basketball team added another win to their streak. The Wildcats defeated Cal State San Bernardino in overtime, with a final score of 73-72. Cal State San Bernardino led against the Wildcats in majority of the first half. And by the … […]

2. Xem Phim Babysitter Wanted | Babysitter near you - Locate a professional babysitter near you on November 7th, 2015 9:12 pm

[…] Cats come from behind, win 10th game in a row – The Chico State men’s basketball team added another win to their streak. The Wildcats defeated Cal State San Bernardino in overtime, with a final score of 73-72. Cal State San Bernardino led against the Wildcats in majority of the first half. […]

3. Free Minecraft Premium Account Generator No Survey 2013 | updates - get paid for surveys on November 11th, 2015 12:52 am

[…] Cats come from behind, win 10th game in a row – Junior center Tanner Giddings tied the game, making one of two free throws and to take the game into overtime. In overtime, junior forward Drew Kitchens was fouled. He split the free throws, to help Chico State with less than ten seconds left in overtime. […]

4. Xem Phim Babysitter Wanted | in house nannies on November 16th, 2015 8:42 am

• ‘Cats come from behind, win 10th game in a row

The endless grind of a collegiate gym rat

From Chico to Eurasia: Silverstrom continuing basketball career with Armenian national team

With Curry back, Golden State Warriors ready to attack in 2018 playoffs

Studs and duds of round one in the NBA playoffs

Top 5 moments in the first week of NBA playoffs 2018

Chico State athletics and alcohol don’t mix

1-16 upset tops March Madness upsets as Villanova takes home National Championship

March has brought the madness once again