• Tasha Alexander gardening. Photo Courtesy of Tasha Alexander.

Tasha Alexander: inspiring educator, alumna

• Pacientes y estudiantes pueden quedarse en la sala de espera antes de su cita. El laboratorio de Wellcat está dentro del centro de salud. El laboratorio realiza una variedad de pruebas incluyendo para ETS y otros problemas de salud.

Una nueva ETS está en el pueblo: ¿Que debería saber?

Chico State hosts Vagina Monologues

"My Vagina was my Village"

The A.S. Gender & Sexuality Equity Center held a performance of “The Vagina Monologues” Friday and Saturday with the focus being against violence toward women.

The monologues, originally written by activist and playwright Eve Ensler, told true stories of women’s experiences to call attention to a more serious subject: ending violence against women and girls.

Each monologue is performed by a different woman, with subjects varying from pubic hair to orgasms and reclaiming the word “cunt.”

“The Vagina Monologues” are part of an organization called “V-Day.”

The organization proclaimed Valentine’s Day as V-Day to celebrate women and end violence, according to its pamphlet.

All proceeds of the event were split between Catalyst Domestic Violence Services, Rape Crisis Intervention and GSEC.

V-Day is a global movement that has raised $100 million and has educated millions of women and men about the issue of violence against women and the efforts to end it. To learn more about the V-Day Organization visit their webpage.

Katherine Feaster can be reached at [email protected] or @katfeaster on Twitter.