• The student health center is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays, and is closed for an hour each day from noon to 1 p.m. Courtesy: WellCat Health Center, taken by Jason Halley/University Photographer

Healthcare for students anytime, anywhere: all the WellCat has to offer

• Second Street from the B Line bus station. Taken by Maki Chapman on Feb. 28.

Backsliding on alcohol rules, or maybe moving forward

• Screenshot taken from Victory in Unity video.

Community leadership project aims to uplift Black youth 

• Jason Rabinowitz, secretary-treasurer of Local 2010, addresses Unit 6 workers ahead of the ratification vote. Photo taken from Teamsters 2010 Flickr account.

Teamsters Local 2010 tentative agreement to be voted on by CSU Board of Trustees

• Multiple cars populate the campus lot where a vehicle was burglarized Wednesday morning. Taken by Ariana Powell on Feb. 28.

UPD arrest 2 vehicle burglary suspects; stolen property recovered

Update: Student in critical condition identified

Jeff Barron Police respond to alleged hit-and-run at Nord Avenue and Walnut Street.
Jeff Barron
Police respond to alleged hit-and-run at Nord Avenue and Walnut Street.

A 21-year-old Chico State student is in critical condition after being struck by a car while riding her bicycle at the intersection of Walnut Street and Nord Avenue, according to a Chico police press release.

Kristina Chesterman suffered life-threatening injuries after being struck shortly before 11 p.m. last night and was transported to a local hospital in critical condition after the police arrived on the scene.

Chesterman is currently in critical condition at Enloe Medical Center, according to Christina Chavira, a spokesperson for hospital.

According to the release, the suspect, Riley Hoover, a 19-year-old Chico resident, fled the collision scene after striking the cyclist and was involved in another collision at the 700 block Nord Avenue where officers arrested him on suspicion of driving under the influence and fleeing a crime scene.

Ernesto Rivera can be reached at [email protected] or @theorion_news on Twitter.