• Tasha Alexander gardening. Photo Courtesy of Tasha Alexander.

Tasha Alexander: inspiring educator, alumna

• Pacientes y estudiantes pueden quedarse en la sala de espera antes de su cita. El laboratorio de Wellcat está dentro del centro de salud. El laboratorio realiza una variedad de pruebas incluyendo para ETS y otros problemas de salud.

Una nueva ETS está en el pueblo: ¿Que debería saber?

• Patients or students can stay in the waiting area before appointments. The Wellcats lab is located inside the heath center and performs a variety of tests including for STDs and other health issues. Taken by Milca Elvira Chacon.

New STI just dropped: What should I know?

Uncle Dad’s asks for fans’ input on next album tribute

AE-Brief-pic.jpg
Photo credit: Zak Magno

Will it be “The Wall,” “Elephant” or “Blood Sugar Sex Magik?”

For the first time, fans of local art collective Uncle Dad’s have a chance to weigh in on one of the group’s live album tribute shows.

A survey asking fans to rank albums across genres, from Beck’s “Sea Change” to R. Kelly’s “12 Play,” will be posted on the group’s Facebook page for a few weeks to help the collective choose a theme for its sixth tribute concert.

Managing Director Josh Hegg said that only 20 percent of the 130 people who have filled out the survey are students.

“We have to find that perfect medium that’ll resonate with the community and student population and be something we can be artistically challenged and excited about,” Hegg said.

If fans aren’t happy with any of the albums listed, they can write in a suggestion. Some that have been submitted include:

Uncle Dad’s most recent show was a tribute to posh ’80s pop star Prince’s “Purple Rain,” and sold more tickets than its “Led Zeppelin IV” tribute last fall. Both concerts performed at the Bell Memorial Union Auditorium, but “Purple Rain” brought in roughly 600 people versus Led Zeppelin’s 400.

Ultimately, the collective’s board members might not choose the album with the most positive feedback, Hegg said, but they value community input.

“The whole point,” Hegg said, “is to bring people to see local bands based on a band they love.”

Ashiah Scharaga can be reached at [email protected] or @AshiahD on Twitter.