• Meet The Orions fall 2024 editorial board. Collage created by Ariana Powell on May 8 using Pixlr.

Meet The Orion’s fall 2024 editorial board!

• President Perez shaking the hand of Taylor Bisby as she receives her Masters degree. Taken by Jessica Miller on May 15

Chico State celebrates Graduate Studies Commencement

• Live from the World Contamination Tour. Photo taken by Penny Howle and courtesy My Chemical Romance.

An alt-girl’s origin story: emo beginnings

• Photo credit: Diego Ramirez

Congrats to The Orion graduates!

Wildcats drop both games in double header

jacobsonedited.jpg
Junior first baseman Matt Jacobson up to bat against Sonoma State on Feb. 27. Photo credit: Caio Calado

It was a tough weekend for the Chico State baseball team as they lost both games of a double header against the UC San Diego Tritons, 7-10 and 3-4 respectively.

Game 1

The Tritons struck first scoring two runs in the bottom of the second against junior pitcher Brad Lohse.

The Wildcats answered with a run of their own in the third when senior catcher Peter Miller singled to drive in junior second basemen Andrew Carrillo.

The ‘Cats cut into their lead even more in the sixth, when junior outfielder Matt Jacobson hit an RBI single to score Miller and senior first basemen Tyler Madrid.

In the bottom of the sixth, the Tritons exploded for five runs to make it a 10-3 lead.

Chico State rallied back in the seventh to score one, and another in the ninth, but it wasn’t enough.

The loss was Lohse’s first of the season. Senior Danny Miller led Chico State’s offense, going 2 for 2 with 2 RBI’s in the later innings.

Game 2

The Tritons picked up right where they left off in the first game and scored three runs in the bottom of the first.

Danny Miller continued his solid day with a single to drive in Peter Miller in the 4th to make it 3-1.

UC San Diego added another run in the bottom of the fourth.

The Wildcats would score once more in the fifth, and seventh innings with RBI’s by Carrillo, but it wasn’t enough.

First year pitcher Hunter Haworth got the loss that put him at 1-2 on the young season. Despite not having a hit, Carrillo led the Chico State offense with 2 RBI’s.

Nick Martinez-Esquibel can be reached at [email protected] or @THENickMartinez on Twitter.