• Photo of the Notice of Investigative Outcome letters issued to Delta Chi and Lambda Sigma Gamma taken by Molly Myers, Feb. 24, 2024.

Hazing documents revealed: Chico State warns against unrecognized Greek organizations

• Collage of restaurants in downtown Chico. Created by Jessica Miller, Feb. 24.

OK, where can we eat in 30 minutes?

• A group of raised hands against a blue background. Created by Ariana Powell on Feb. 23.

CSUEU, non-academic student assistants to unionize

• A person ducks under the fallen tree on the Warner Street pedestrian bridge. Taken by Molly Myers Feb. 21

Pedestrian bridge closed due to fallen tree

• An unlabeled food truck sits awaiting customers. Image by Andreas Volz from Pixabay.

On-campus food trucks have revolutionized Wildcat eating

‘Cats lose doubleheader against Coyotes

georgestockphotoforweb228.jpg
Junior utility player Ashley Huff up to bat, with junior outfielder Alli Cook on deck behind her during a game against San Francisco State on Feb. 28. Photo credit: George Johnston

Chico State’s softball team faced the Cal State San Bernardino Coyote, and came out with no wins in the doubleheader.

Game 1

The Coyotes defended their den strongly in the first game finishing with a score of 3-1.

The ‘Cats start of the first inning three up, three down leaving it onto the Coyotes to show how they will start the game off.

Cats’ began to experience the bad luck that comes with Friday the 13th with the Coyotes scoring three points in the bottom of the first.

The strong start the Coyotes had died down, and the score stayed at 3-0 for the remainder of the game.

With the ‘Cats last inning to try to get back in the game, junior utility player Ashley Huff finally scored for her team giving them at least one point on the scoreboard.

The ‘Cats failed to move forward in the first game giving the victory to the Coyotes.

Game 2

With the Coyotes catching the first win in the doubleheader, they finished it off by winning the second game 5-1.

The ‘Cats would take the first point with junior first base player Desiree’ Gonzalez scoring in the top of the second.

The Coyotes come back with vengeance tying the score in the bottom of the second.

The score remained tied until the bottom of the fourth.

The Coyotes swept out two points bringing the score to 3-1. Then, came back scoring another point in the forth.

With the doubleheader coming to an end, the Coyotes scored again in the top of the seventh ending the game with a final score of 5-1.

Breanna Barnard can be reached at [email protected] or @beeebarnyardd on Twitter.