• Tasha Alexander gardening. Photo Courtesy of Tasha Alexander.

Tasha Alexander: inspiring educator, alumna

• Pacientes y estudiantes pueden quedarse en la sala de espera antes de su cita. El laboratorio de Wellcat está dentro del centro de salud. El laboratorio realiza una variedad de pruebas incluyendo para ETS y otros problemas de salud.

Una nueva ETS está en el pueblo: ¿Que debería saber?

• Patients or students can stay in the waiting area before appointments. The Wellcats lab is located inside the heath center and performs a variety of tests including for STDs and other health issues. Taken by Milca Elvira Chacon.

New STI just dropped: What should I know?

‘Cats split doubleheader against Cal State San Bernardino

caio2.jpg
Chico State’s senior outfielder Connor Huesers up to bat during a game against the Sonoma State Seawolves on Feb 27. Photo credit: Caio Calado

The Chico State baseball team ended their doubleheader with one win and one loss in the second day of their four-game series against the Coyotes.

Game 1

The Wildcats struck first on the scoreboard when sophomore designated hitter Clayton Gelfand singled and drove in senior third baseman Dylan Garcia to give the ‘Cats a one run lead.

The Wildcats tacked on three more runs in the bottom of the fifth. The inning started off with a single by first year center fielder Sean Smith. He was quickly drove in by senior shortstop Cody Slader with a triple off the left field wall, which brought the score to 2-0.

The ‘Cats scored two more runs, making it 4-0.

The Coyotes put up a run on the scoreboard in the top of the seventh, which brought the score to 4-1.

The Wildcats won the game, 4-1 over the Coyotes.

Wildcats’ junior pitcher Brad Lohse kept the Coyotes to only one run off of four hits as he pitched 7 innings.

Lohse took his first win of the season, bringing his record on the year to 1-1.

Game 2

The Coyotes came out of the dugout swinging in the top of the first, they quickly loaded the bases, but came up empty.

In the top of the third, it looked like the Coyotes were going to take the lead but had a run taken off the scoreboard because the runner was only allowed two bases and not three.

The Wildcats struck first again scoring in the bottom half of the inning.

Smith singled, stole second, reached third on a wild pitch and was brought home by Garcia.

The Coyotes broke out in the sixth inning, scoring four runs. They quickly added three more runs, which brought the score to 4-1.

Matthew Vislosky can be reached at [email protected] or @MattVislosky on Twitter.