• Tasha Alexander gardening. Photo Courtesy of Tasha Alexander.

Tasha Alexander: inspiring educator, alumna

• Pacientes y estudiantes pueden quedarse en la sala de espera antes de su cita. El laboratorio de Wellcat está dentro del centro de salud. El laboratorio realiza una variedad de pruebas incluyendo para ETS y otros problemas de salud.

Una nueva ETS está en el pueblo: ¿Que debería saber?

Wildcats lose series finale

george213forweb.jpg
Senior pitcher Derek Sesma on the mound during practice on Feb. 13 Photo credit: George Johnston

The Wildcats lost the series finale to the number 11 ranked Cal Poly Pomona Broncos on Sunday, 3-7.

The Broncos broke open the game with two runs in the first, one in the second, and two in the fourth.

The ‘Cats tried to answer back in the second with an RBI by first year outfielder Tyler Alev, driving in junior second basemen Andrew Carrillo.

The team cut into the Bronco’s lead again in the fifth inning as Alev was driven home from a single by senior third basemen Dylan Garcia, to make the score 2-5.

Garcia then scored himself on a throwing error by Cal Poly Pomona to make it 3-6, but it was not enough for the wildcats.

Both Carrillo and Alev went 2-for-4 with two hits each and both scored a run.

Sophomore pitcher Clayton Gelfand was charged with his second loss of the season. Gelfand pitched three innings, allowing four hits, four runs, five walks, and one striking out.

The loss finished a tough weekend for the ‘Cats, losing three out of four contests.

The Wildcats will look to rebound in a four game series against Cal State Monterey Bay that kicks off on Friday.

Nick Martinez-Esquibel can be reached at [email protected] or @THENickMartinez on Twitter.