• Paul Belz laughs with audience member Joan Goodreau. Taken by Callum Standish on Feb. 22.

Bidwell park highlighted at museum book reading

• Photo of the Notice of Investigative Outcome letters issued to Delta Chi and Lambda Sigma Gamma taken by Molly Myers, Feb. 24, 2024.

Hazing documents revealed: Chico State warns against unrecognized Greek organizations

• Collage of restaurants in downtown Chico. Created by Jessica Miller, Feb. 24.

OK, where can we eat in 30 minutes?

• A group of raised hands against a blue background. Created by Ariana Powell on Feb. 23.

CSUEU, non-academic student assistants to unionize

‘Cats cruise in tournament

langeloh.jpg
Brooke Langeloh winds up for a pitch against Southern Oregon on Feb. 15. Photo credit: Caio Calado

The Chico State women’s softball team continued play in the Tournament of Champions against Holy Names University and Montana State-Billings in Turlock, California on March 28 and won both games.

vs. Holy Names University

The Wildcats struck first when junior left fielder Ashley Huff scored off a Hawks error, which gave the ‘Cats a 1-0 lead.

The ‘Cats tacked on two more runs in the bottom of the third when both Huff and junior center fielder Alli Cook scored, which made the score 3-0.

The Wildcats junior pitcher Brooke Langeloh recorded 13 strikeouts and earned herself a shutout win. The ‘Cats won with a score of 3-0, which brought their overall record in the tournament to 3-1.

Game against Montana State-Billings

The Montana State-Billings Yellow Jackets scored first in the top of the first and made it 1-0.

The Wildcats answered back and scored three runs in the bottom of the first, which gave the ‘Cats a 3-1 lead.

The ‘Cats extended their lead in the bottom of the second to 4-1 when senior right fielder Katy Weger scored off a wild pitch past third base. The Wildcats scored another, which gave them a 5-1 lead.

Senior second baseman Kelli Keefe doubled to left field in the bottom of the fourth and scored another run, which extended the ‘Cats lead to 6-1.

The Wildcats beat the Hawks 9-1 and extended their record to 4-1 in the tournament.

Matthew Vislosky can be reached at [email protected] or @MattVislosky on Twitter.